You’re ecstatic your new apartment has its own laundry hookups. No more being forced to wait on other residents to be done with the community washers and dryers or hauling sacks of clothing over to a commercial laundry facility. But you’ve noticed one small issue. Your tight laundry closet has a limited amount of room for your detergent and other items. Would you like to know how to optimize your limited space? Review these simple small apartment laundry solutions in Indianapolis.
Tips For Optimizing Your Small Apartment Laundry Closet in Indianapolis
When figuring out your list of must-have amenities, a laundry room was near the top. But now that you have one, you’re concerned about where to keep all the things you need. Although the area may be tight, you are able to make it work with the following tips:
- Vertical shelving: In cramped quarters, it can help to think vertically. A sturdy tall shelving unit is often a smart idea for a laundry closet or smaller laundry room. Despite being only six or so inches wide, you’ll have plenty of storage for your detergents and sprays. You might even benefit from a little extra shelving capacity for general cleaning products.
- Storage carts on wheels: You know that small amount of room you have next to your washer or dryer (or perhaps between them)? You can purchase rolling laundry storage carts designed precisely for those spaces. Made about a few inches wide, these compact small apartment laundry closet solutions in Indianapolis will fit just about anywhere. And they’re perfect for your detergent, dryer sheets, stain remover, and other items.
- Door-hung ironing board with iron holder: You know the ironing board that’s sitting in a corner of your dining room? There’s a better location for it. A door-attached holder is an ideal, space-optimizing solution. It’s reasonably priced, easy to install, and most are available with a handy space for your iron and ironing spray. Retrieving your ironing board and prepping for a fun evening in your new area couldn’t be easier.
- Curtains: Does your compact laundry nook lack a door? Some inexpensive curtains will do the trick to seal the room when you’re not using it. Because of a seemingly countless number of colors and designs, you’ll be able to locate curtains that coordinate with your decor. Use a tension bathroom rod to suspend them. And if you’re doing laundry and require a place to hang clothes, guess what you can use?
- Baskets: Metal shelving is a customary element of laundry areas. While useful, it also tends to make items spill when they’re not situated perfectly. Rather than having a jumbled pile of overturned bottles of bleach and detergent, try baskets. They’ll aid you in keeping things tidy, and they look nice!
Discover A Rental With A Laundry Room In Indianapolis
Now that you have a better understanding of how to maximize the space within your laundry room, it’s time to find an apartment that has one! Penrose on Mass Apartments offers generous apartments with the built-in laundry hookups you want. You’ll also find a selection of other excellent amenities in this popular community. Reach out to 317-661-4399 to speak with a courteous team member or just schedule a tour to get started.