How To Create A Home Office In A Small Apartment In Indianapolis
Remote work is the new way of life for numerous professionals, whether you live in a house or a single-bedroom apartment. If you reside in the latter, you won’t experience the advantage of an additional bedroom to serve as your home office, but you may still create a suitable work area. Review these simple recommendations and see how to make a home office in a small apartment in Indianapolis.
Small Apartment Home Office Ideas In Indianapolis
- Choose a suitable desk. Finding a properly sized desk to accommodate your space is essential. If you’re using a laptop, a desk only has to be about 20 inches deep. Your work surface is ideally around 28 inches from the floor and could be as wide as you have space for. Ensure you have room for an extra monitor. You'll be happy you have one when you have spreadsheets up, a web meeting going, and a bunch of other windows open. Really short on space? Choose a two-tier collapsible desk you can put away when you’re not using.
- Where to set up the desk? If you can put your desk conveniently into a corner, wonderful! But you might need to get more creative when arranging. A slim desk may be placed directly behind a couch. You can use a small area rug and lamp to designate the location as your home office. An empty wall on one side of a room will also do nicely. Hang some pictures or intermix some plantlife so you aren’t looking at an unadorned wall for hours at a time.
- Let your desk do double duty. If you’re short on space, utilize your desk for more than a desk. Place it next to your bed to double as a nightstand. Or don’t utilize a desk at all and work from your bartop or dining room table.
- Use floating shelves. These home office add-ons work great when your desk faces a wall. You’ll have more space for decor or supplies and can easily blend shelving into your room’s unique layout.
Would You Like A Change Of Pace? Consider Your Property’s Clubhouse Or A Standing Desk
Would you like another option in your own living quarters? Try a compact standing desk so you can stay mobile and stretch out. An affordable laptop stand can help get your workstation at the right height.
Here are some additional space-saving items you can incorporate into your small apartment home office in Indianapolis:
- Hanging folders
- Small printer stand that works nicely under the table
- Small storage containers you can attach to the your monitor
- Noise-reducing headphones for loud roommates and kids
Create Your Home Office In Your New Apartment At Penrose on Mass Apartments
Your home office will look wonderful in your new apartment at Penrose on Mass Apartments. We have a range of floor plans available to suit your remote workspace needs. Request a tour of our Indianapolis property or give us a call at 317-661-4399 if you want additional information.