Can You Find Different Types Of Apartment Buildings In Indianapolis?
If you’re looking for an apartment, you’ll likely find different types of apartment buildings in Indianapolis. Almost all fall into one of the following categories: high-rise, low-rise, and mid-rise. But which type of property is the right choice? Evaluating the pros and cons of each option will help you determine what type of apartment you would like to live in.
The Benefits And Drawbacks Of High-rise Apartment Buildings
High-rise apartment buildings typically feature ten stories or more. You’ll see them in urban city centers where their verticality lets them house lots of Residents within a small footprint. Those who enjoy living in high-rise apartments pick them for the following reasons:
- High-rise options offer the best views of Indianapolis.
- You find them downtown close to shops, restaurants, and nightlife. Many high-rises also boast shops or dining on the ground level.
- They may reduce your commute time if you have employment or attend school downtown.
- High-rise buildings have elevators, so there’s no need to take the stairs.
- At a high-rise, all of your property’s occupants make their home in the same building. This could provide a stronger feeling of community as you talk in the lobby or on the elevator. You may even benefit the service of a doorman or concierge.
Even with its many perks, residing in a high-rise isn’t for all people. Making your home in a city high-rise is fun and exciting for some people, but odds are you won’t like it if you prefer tranquility and natural surroundings. Departing for the day can also require a bit more time when you live in a high-rise, and an urban center may have a limited amount of on-site parking. To conclude, high-rise apartments are often smaller to fit more homes into a set amount of space.
The Pros And Cons Of Low-rise Apartment Buildings
So why should you contemplate moving to a low-rise over other types of apartment buildings in Indianapolis?
- Low-rises contain more units on the first floor, offering simpler access out of the building.
- Low-rise properties typically offer more [parking spots for occupants and their guests.
- There’s extra outside space to explore if you have a pet or a fondness for grass and trees past your window rather than a hectic downtown intersection.
- You’ll live in the more peaceful suburbia.
- You share hallways and common spaces with not as many tenants and have more solitude.
Nevertheless, not everyone seeks these benefits. If you have a preference for the excitement and nightlife of urban living, a low-key low-rise property won’t be a good fit. Depending on the location of your school or office, you may encounter a long commute from your low-rise building as well.
The Benefits And Drawbacks Of Mid-rise Apartment Buildings
- When you have a mid-rise unit in outlying areas, you’ll enjoy a quiet community and natural environs combined with the fellowship of habitating in a larger building.
- In a mid-rise apartment in downtown Indianapolis, you won’t find as many occupants as a high-rise but you may still enjoy the downtown scene.
Can’t Decide Which Apartment Building You Like? Come See Alluring Penrose on Mass Apartments
At Penrose on Mass, we combine an enticing property with a desirable location to offer an amazing apartment living experience. Contact us at 317-661-4399 or request a tour to view our spacious apartments and impressive amenities for yourself.