If it’s spring cleaning season or your Indianapolis apartment really looks grimy, a thorough cleaning will have it looking its best again. It can be easy to get frustrated when taking on more than you can handle at one time. In an attempt to make cleaning your unit less of a challenge, we’ve devised an apartment cleaning checklist for Indianapolis Residents.
Your Indianapolis Apartment Cleaning Checklist For Each Area
Do these tasks in every room of your unit before tackling rooms individually to optimize your time. Use this apartment cleaning checklist for Indianapolis to keep track of everything.
- Eliminate clutter.
- Look above you and dust in corners of ceilings.
- Use a duster or cleaning wipe for places where dust settles like the top of door frames.
- Wipe down all interior walls and baseboards.
- Wash windows with a clean rag and glass cleaner.
- Wash or dust window treatments.
- Clean doorknobs and high-touch areas with a Clorox wipe.
- Vacuum or mop floors and remove any stains or blemishes.
- Don’t forget to dust the blades and any hard-to-reach spots of your ceiling fans.
- Take out the trash.
Your Cleaning Checklist for Living Rooms
No matter if you enjoy having friends over or relaxing in your space by yourself, get your living room orderly and accommodating with a regular cleaning.
- Vacuum and spot-clean furniture. You should consider a hair removal tool if you share your home with furry friends.
- Dust tabletops, bookshelves, and other flat surfaces.
- Use a microfiber cloth to dust electronics.
- Revive wood pieces by polishing.
- Sanitize remote controls.
- Make sure essential items like remotes are found nearby.
Dining Room Cleaning Checklist
The majority of messes in the dining room are a result of food. If you have food remnants attached to a tabletop or floor, place a warm, damp rag over it for a few moments to loosen it up.
- Brush loose crumbs off your surfaces and spot-clean stickier areas.
- Dust chair backs and legs.
- Polish a wood table or employ a spray-on cleaner on glass surfaces.
- Use a soft duster to address any open shelves with breakables or dishes.
Cleaning Checklist for Apartment Kitchens
Kitchens can get smeared and splattered from your daily meal prep. You can go with off-the-shelf cleaning products to remove those greasy stains, but a handful of all-natural options work great too.
- Give the cabinets a wipe with a soft cloth moistened with soapy water and follow with a a clean, slightly dampened cloth].
- Clean off kitchen counters with an appropriate product for the counter material or you might consider white vinegar.
- Clean the sink with a solution consisting of water and baking soda. A little baking soda in the garbage disposal will aid in removing odors. Rinse it with water once it’s left for 10 minutes or so.
- Turn on the dishwasher with a shallow food storage container of vinegar inside. Then wipe out the unit with a wet cloth.
- Heat a cup of water to a boil in the microwave to let the dampened air work on any stuck-on gunk. Remove any mess with your choice of damp cloth or sponge.
- Carefully remove and clean stove burner parts in a sink. Spray the oven door and stove with an appropriate product or an equal mixture of vinegar and water and remove remaining stains and food debris.
- Act in accordance with the oven’s self-cleaning instructions or you can use baking soda and water to clean it out.
- Employ a mild soap or an equal blend of vinegar and water to wipe off the the fridge shelves and interior; follow with a wet rag. After that’s complete, roll the fridge forward and sweep the floor underneath.
Bathroom Cleaning Checklist
If you dread bathroom cleaning, do simple chores daily to keep the bathroom from getting too filthy.
- Wide down your mirror above the sink with an appropriate cleaning product and a soft cloth.
- Clean counters with proper cleaners for your surface or a solution of water and vinegar on a sponge or cloth.
- Wipe down cabinets with some soap and water and then use a a soft rag.
- Scrub the toilet bowl.
- Wipe down the toilet with a disinfecting product or vinegar mix.
- Scrub the shower and bathtub with your preferred cleaner or vinegar-water mix.
Bedroom Cleaning Checklist for Indianapolis
You’ll get better sleep in a clean bedroom!
- Tidy up or readjust your closet.
- Use a duster for any shelves, desks or other surfaces.
- Change and wash the bed sheets and comforter if needed.
- Grab clothing items from the floor and place them in the hamper.
- Make use of a vacuum attachment to dust underneath your bed frame.
Find Your Next Apartment At Penrose on Mass Apartments
A dirt-free unit feels nice, but there are times when you might want a new apartment entirely. Check out the dazzling, spacious apartments at Penrose on Mass. Call our leasing team at 317-661-4399 or arrange a tour to get started.